Upcoming series on domestic violence, honoring the life and loving spirit of Ellen McCarthy Abruzzese.
Martha Trowbridge with Jim McCarthy on his sister Ellen’s domestic violence murder:
On 20 April 2009, as her children ate the breakfast she’d just prepared downstairs, Ellen McCarthy Abruzzese was murdered by her husband of more than twenty years. [He then turned the gun on himself.] Her brother, Life Coach Jim McCarthy, immediately founded Hugs Unlimited Foundation to help prevent what happened to Ellen from happening to other battered wives.
Thoroughly horrified by Ellen’s story – which is emblematic of the plight of far too many women – Martha Trowbridge Radio LLC founded the Wives At Risk Series.
A monthly series on domestic violence, Wives At Risk is in preproduction.
Its aims include:
1. To validate, inform and strengthen women who suffer emotional, mental, verbal, financial, spiritual and/or physical abuse by their husbands
2. To educate women about signals and signs that their men are contemplating the ‘ultimate violence’ against them
3. To present to women trusty resources for assistance
4. To instruct family, friends, law enforcement professionals, judicial constituencies, ministers, counselors, neighbors, co-workers and others about the dynamics of domestic abuse, and equip them to recognize signs that a woman suffers domestic abuse
5. To issue an urgent call to MEN — to resoundingly speak out against fellow men who abuse their wives, and to offer their support to women who suffer from domestic abuse
6. To brainstorm for ways to assist women, children and pets to safety and security.
Join Martha Trowbridge, Guest Experts and ‘Sane Men’ as they offer validation, information, inspiration and empathy to women whose intimate male partners wreak destruction against them, their children, their pets, their finances, their work, and/or their property.
Careful attention will be paid to the psychodynamics and behavioral effects of emotional, mental, verbal, financial and spiritual abuse, as well as physical abuse.
Show I: Ellen McCarthy Abruzzese: A Case Study Of Long-Term Domestic Abuse And Violence
Show II: Marriage Gone Awry: When The Sacred Is Profaned
Show III: The Abuser’s Arsenal: Brainwashing + Intimidation + Emotional, Mental And/Or Physical Violence = His Coercive Takeover Of Her Inner World
Please note that the agenda for these and subsequent shows is available upon request by those exploring Sponsorship opportunities.